by the way: Happy Holidays Everyone!
Friday, December 24, 2010
by the way: Happy Holidays Everyone!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
- Post: On sputtering integration in Toronto (by Demography Matters)
- Demographic Buffet: explore data from the Census Bureau's American Community Survey at the block level: race and ethnicity, income, education, and housing and families. (by the NY via FlowingData)
- Article: Blacks and Hispanics Take Different Segregation Paths (by Brookings).
- Segregation Data: Download segregation measures for U.S. states and the 100 largest metropolitan areas
- extra link: US Census 2010 - first data release. (via Urbanophile)
- The data!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
The Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive to store, preserve, and make publicly available, via the Internet, travel surveys conducted by metropolitan areas, states and localities.
National Household Travel Survey
The National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) collect data on both long-distance and local travel by the American public. The joint survey gathers trip-related data such as mode of transportation, duration, distance and purpose of trip. It also gathers demographic, geographic, and economic data for analysis purposes. It is part of RITA.
OpenStreetMap (by UCL) is a free editable map of the whole world. OpenStreetMap allows you to view, edit and use geographical data in a collaborative way from anywhere on Earth.
Gapminder is a popular technology and Web application for cross-visualisation of trends in time series of data. It also opens an archive of multiple datasets on diverse socio-economic indicators.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
It's an interactive application that tracks the commercial ties between most countries across the globe (check it here). It also allows you to compare a variety of socio, demographic and economic indicators on the national level.
Monday, November 22, 2010
- Growing fast
- Diversifying rapidly
- Aging Tsunami
- Selectively educating
- Divided by income
ps. You can also explore data for the US 100 metro areas and 50 states (State of Metropolitan America Indicator Map).
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
- Half the world’s population lives in 6 countries (via Visualizing Economics).
- Google maps suggestions for low carbon travels in Europe.
- Average age of US Congress over time (via FlowingData).
- How immigrants create jobs (a pretty interesting article by Tyler Cowen Via Marginal Revolution), and another article on this here (by Catherine Rampell-NYT).
- A selection of 75 videos about cities and urban policies (via Ciudades a Escala Humana). I, myself, would include this taxi traffic visualization presented by BBC (series Britain From Above)
Monday, November 8, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
- The maps of 2010 election results are very similar with the electoral map of 2006 - the last confrontation between the PSDB (right wing) and the PT (left wing); and
- In both cities PSDB clearly had more votes in the more affluent urban areas meanwhile PT had an overwhelming victory in the depressed urban areas.
Monday, November 1, 2010
ANPUR is the Brazilian National Association of Graduate Schools and Research on Urban and Regional Planning. The motto of this year's Conference is: Who plans the territory? actors, arenas and strategies. [direct translation].
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Urban mobs (sms - nuit du nouvel an 2009)
Carregado por faberNovelTV. - Videos das ultimas descobertas cientificais.
- Immigrants Moving to the Suburbs in the US: migration from ethnic urban neighborhoods into the suburbs (via The Map Scroll)
- Migration driven by environmental change (by Matthew Kahn via DemographyMatters)
- “Urban psychology”: examiningt how certain character traits vary across urban centers in the United States. Selective migration is only one hypothesis among others. (via Infrastructurist)
- Forced Migration: Visualizing international refugee flows (based on the annual UNHCR Refugee Report) - via FlowingData